Wednesday, February 16, 2011

MUST Update

I know, I know. I haven't updated the MUST blog in some time, but the little zines are still flying. They go out at book fairs, in mailings, even through cooperative relationships with small presses and zine publishers. I give them away for free- and as you can imagine, this is not easy as they are mailed around the world.
I have been producing these little microzines since 2009, and thousands of free copies have been circulated. I respond to requests regularly, and I am happy to send them out when people ask. Sometimes people ask about donations, and we are going to work on setting up a few ways to do that. Another idea was to have an online version in addition to the downloads, a place to highlight some of the content that appears in MUST pages so contributors can easily share their pieces with friends on the web. That will be in the works as well. I want to say, however- that MUST will remain a printed, free, cooperatively distributed microzine- true to the way that we envisioned it as a group way back. Some of the original producers and distributors are involved, some are doing new things, but we started this little zine together and all are welcome to jump back in if the mood strikes. Please "follow" this blog if you are on blogspot/google. If you would like to be a contributor to a future issue of MUST, please get in touch. ~Lynn Alexander
      

No comments:

Post a Comment